Friday, January 18, 2013

WW Favorite Friday - Barbacoa Beef

It's Friday! I hope you all had a great week. I was sick for the middle part of the week so I didn't get much blogging done. I did however manage to cook one night this week.

I made this Barbacoa Beef recipe from Skinny Taste.

Barbacoa Beef- SkinnyTaste.com


 It was a crock pot recipe so it instantly won points with me. She modeled this one after the dish at Chipotle. I have to admit, I have never tried it at Chipotle, mainly because the times I have been to Chipotle, I haven't made health conscious decisions, however this dish was really good.

We served this in carb-smart tortillas as tacos. Next time I will probably put it over rice with corn and black beans as she suggests. Also, next time I will go a little lighter on the spices. We love spicy foods but I think I got a little carried away. Maybe one less chipole pepper?

We will definitely be making this again. Huge shout out to Gina at SkinnyTaste.com for yet another awesome, healthy recipe!


No comments:

Post a Comment