Friday, January 4, 2013

Weight Watchers Friendly Buffalo Chicken Sandwich - 6pt+


It's that time of year again where we all recover from the holidays and jump on the diet/fitness train. Hubby and I have decided to join Weight Watchers this year. I have tried several diet plans over the past few years. I never had to worry about what I ate in college, but the post college, desk job, has really caught up with me so it's time to do something about it.

I tried Weight Watchers a few months before our wedding and had a little success (granted I cheated more than is allowed). The problem is I don't really like veggies, or salads...or anything green. If you're coming to this site looking for the greatest lunch salad you've ever seen, you're definitely in the wrong place. As Hubby and I start this journey, I will share those recipes that I have managed to lighten up. Starting with this one, Buffalo Chicken Sandwich. We love anything buffalo so this is great for our lunches (did I mention that I have an aversion to deli meat too??) and easy to throw together in a hurry. Perfect!

Buffalo Chicken Sandwich - 6pt+ *

2 Slices Healthy Life Bread (white) - toasted
2.5 oz shredded chicken (I like fresh chicken better, but this time I used 1/2 a can of 99% fat free canned white chicken, drained)
1.5 Tbs Frank's Hot Sauce
1 wedge Laughing Cow - Lite Swiss

Mix shredded chicken and hot sauce in a small bowl. Add cheese wedge and microwave for 20 seconds to melt cheese. Stir. Spread on toasted bread. Serve hot.

Note: Since I was packing this for lunch, I kept the spread in a microwavable bowl and heated it at work before spreading it on the bread.

Serve with fresh fruit for a 6pt+ lunch! Can't beat that!

* Points Plus value calculated on the Recipe Builder on WeightWatchers.com




1 comment: