Saturday, January 26, 2013

Shutter Re-purpose - Mail holder

Upcycled shutters are all the rage on Pintrest lately. When I saw this shutter I knew I could find a use for it. We have a new store here in Huntsville, University Pickers, if you are in the area and you haven't been, you need to find your way there ASAP. It is wonderful. It is like an antique mall but has a lot of handmade and refinished things. I have already been twice in a week :) 

This shutter is from Three French Hens. She has an adorable paint workshop and store all the way in the back. Don't miss it! Hopfully you will be fortunate enough to catch the artist, Tina Bedwell, she is precious and will warm your soul. 




I hung my shutter in the kitchen to store our mail. I love it! I will probably paint some lettering on the top panel at some point, maybe "MAIL" or our monogram. I just couldn't wait to hang it. My friend, Megan, bought a longer grey one. I am hoping to have a pic of hers to share with you soon (hint, hint, MSL)

I have about three other unfinished projects sitting in my garage that I hope to get posted soon. It's amazing how much less time I have now that I have started taking night classes for my MBA. 

Hope you all have a fantastic weekend! Go create something beautiful!





1 comment: