Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Pink and Green Baby Shower

Remember the wreath I blogged about over the weekend? 
Well yesterday was the big baby shower! This was my first time to ever throw a baby shower and I think it went quite well. A co-worker and friend of mine, Mallory, and I worked super hard to make this shower cute. I am very proud of our final result. 

Here is a picture of the food table. Mallory made those gorgeous hanging poms from tissue paper. There are TONS of tutorials out there in blogs and on pintrest. She mixed a few to come up with these. Her suggestion?
- Make two poms of 10 sheets and join them in the middle to make them look fuller. 
As for food, we served Pigs in a Blanket and Sausage Balls (Mommy-to-be's request, thanks for making them Jenny!) A veggie tray, this AWESOME fruit salsa and cinnamon chips, adorable cupcakes from Mallory, brownies, and peanut butter-kiss cookies. 

I made this pink lemonade punch and it received great reviews! I doubled the recipe and we still ran out!



 The picture on the right and the wreath were gifts from me. For the picture, I framed some pretty paper and used my cricut to put her name directly on the glass. I have added the picture to my etsy shop if you are interested!

I have also added the "Wishes for Baby" cards we passed out to the guests. Each guest took one and filled in the blanks. It was neat to go back and read each of them with Britney after the shower. I have added these to my etsy shop also and can customize with different colors and of course your baby's name.






Finally, here is a picture of the mommy-to-be and guest of honor, Britney. Doesn't she look great! Carson is due in just two weeks! We can't wait for her arrival so we can all love on her.










Linking up at:
Blue Cricket Design

9 comments:

  1. I think I just got a little twinge of baby fever! That looks like such a beautiful celebration and I'm so happy to hear everyone enjoyed the frozen punch ... we can't keep enough of it in the house, the kids just love it too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pictures! looks like great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfectly sweet baby shower. I absolutely adore the gift you gave.

    amy @ whilewearingheels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks really cute and looks like it was fun. I want a cupcake now and some pink lemonade

    ReplyDelete
  5. You did a great job of decorating.. and nice gift. Congrats to the Mom to be.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! It looks like such a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. UniqueCozyTreasures- Looks like the baby shower was a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks amazing! I planned a baby shower for the first time last year. It was a lot of work but oh so worth it. It seems like you had a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great documentation of the baby shower. I love the colors and I think it turned out great!

    ReplyDelete