Friday, March 16, 2012

Baby Shower Announcment Wreath

So my friend and co-worker Britney is having a baby girl in a few short weeks. We are throwing her a baby shower at work next week and I've been a busy bee making a few decorations for the shower. This is my first time to throw a baby shower so I am super psyched. Check out this super cute yarn wreath I made for her. The idea is that we can use it to decorate for the shower and then she can keep it and hang it on the hospital door once the baby arrives!
It took a little longer than I thought, but it was super easy. First, I wrapped a wreath form in yarn, overlapping in sports where it needed it. Just keep wrapping and wrapping. This is where I should warn you that your arm may feel like it is going to fall off, but keep on wrapping.
Next, I used my trusty Cricut to cut out a banner with her name. The paper matches her bedding. I used the Accent Essentials cartridge for the background and StoryBook font.
Then, I made a few felt flowers from this EXCELLENT tutorial from EmilySoutherland.com.She used a t-shirt material for hers, but I used felt.
Finally, I painted a wooden piece I picked up at Michael's for 75 cents. I painted it white, and then painted the front with chalkboard paint so that Britney can change the message as she wishes!
I'm super excited at how this turned out. Next time I will be a little more careful in choosing my wreath form because this one looks a little lumpy, but other than that I can't wait to give it to her at her shower!
I'm considering putting these in my etsy shop. What do you think??


Linking up to: Weekend Bloggy ReadingTickled Pink at 504 Main

11 comments:

  1. Cute wreath - thank you for sharing how you made it!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute idea! Love it! It turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! I love it!! I've been wanting to make a wreath for awhile, but just haven't gotten around to it. I just had a baby girl 2 weeks ago and would have loved to have one of these precious wreaths to hang on her door. :) And I think they'd be awesome in your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea, Amanda... It will look lovely on her hospital door.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute idea - I just might have to add this to the list of things to make for my daughter and my new grand daughter (who is due in June)! Oh, if I get everything made for this little one I'll be working from now non stop until she is born! LOL!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs -
    Carol @arewethereyet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Brittany! Congrats on the new little one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw this on the tater tots & jell-o blog. Such a sweet and unique idea for a hospital door - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Amanda! Thank you so much for visiting me! Your baby shower wreath is lovely! You did a great job! Have a wonderful week! Angie xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. So CUTE!!!! Great wait to brighten up an ole' boring hospital room. Love this and I cant WAIT to see your furniture revamp!

    ReplyDelete