Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Freezer Party

My life is a little hectic sometimes. You see, I travel a lot for my day job, sometimes overnight, sometimes just all day long. This means that I don't always get to cook the nice wifey meal for my husband and I that I would like to in the evenings.
Lately I've been reading a lot about freezer parties. Basically, a you grab a few girlfriends and you all pick a meal to make. You purchase the ingredients to make that meal times how ever many people are participating and do all the prep work (brown the meat, boil the noodles, etc) before hand. Then you all assemble and cook together. When the party is done, you all leave with fantastic ready for the oven meals to stock your freezer. You will leave with one of your meals, and one from everyone in the group. This sounded like a great idea for me because while I wouldn't need a ready made meal for every night, it would be nice to have something to fall back on when I am driving in late from a day on the road.

 For our freezer party, we had four ladies. Our menu consisted of: Chicken Casserole, Chicken Spaghetti, Lasagna, and Chicken Teriyaki.


 We set up stations with everything needed to assemble each meal. Each person also brought containers for the dish, measuring spoons, foil, and the recipe.


Once it was all set up, we each started at our own station and assembled our meals. When we were done we all switched!


We continued switching stations until everyone had assembled all four meals.

Here is a picture of our final spread! (Minus me, I'm taking the photo :) ) 


No comments:

Post a Comment