Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ice Cream Party

I hope you all had a FANTASTIC Easter! Today, I wanted to share with you the Ice Cream Party I hosted last night for work. I know, I know, you are probably thinking, "You call this work??", why yes I do :)
 By day, I am an Admissions Counselor for a university. That is really just a fancy word for a recruiter. Last night, I hosted an ice cream social for students that have been admitted to our university. This event was sort of a "welcome to the family" party. I had a great time making all the decorations so I thought I would share them with you all.
Our ice cream was catered by Brusters. We had Oreo, Vanilla (dyed Charger Blue which caused a little confusion haha), Chocolate, and Strawberry Sorbet.

Here is a close up of my toppings bar. I made these chevron cards to label the toppings. If you're interested, leave a comment and I will email them to you!

The event was hosted in a flower shop so the
scenery was very pretty.


Welcome sign that I made to keep with the chevron theme. 



We rented a photobooth for the students to take fun pictures with UAH gear. The booth printed out a photo for them to take home as a souvenir.  The students had LOTS of fun with this. We even brought our mascot to take pictures with the students!
We had to have a little fun too....

All in all I think the event was a success. The students that came really seemed to enjoy it and they were able to meet other students from their area.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like great fun and well done for organizing it all. Looks very pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun night! Looks like all your extra touches helped make the night that much more fun and special :)

    ReplyDelete