Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Operation Curb Appeal Stage #1 - Flowerbeds Part 1

As I shared with you last week, we have decided to add curb appeal to our home as our summer project. Our first project in Operation Curb Appeal is to redo our front flowerbeds. Our landscaping leaves much to be desired. We have flowerbeds that run along 3 sides of the house but they are very standard and a little unkept.

327354_10100393079662275_1858763438_o


This is a picture of our house on the day we bought it in August of 2011. Unfortunately, we didn't know what we were doing when we were trimming our crape myrtles and we created what is commonly known in the South as "crape murder." If you would like to read an article on how to correctly trim your crape myrtles. check out this article.


2013-04-30 18.23.48


It's bad... I know. So our first step was to clean out all of those weeds you see and trim up the shrubs. We also cleaned up the straggly dead limbs on what's left of the crape myrtle.


2013-04-30 18.22.33


I picked out a few additions and played around with layouts. I am adding three lime green hostas in front of the crape myrtle and a hydrangea in the empty spot under the garage window.


That's all the progress for this week due to the massive amounts of rain we had this weekend. Check back next week for more progress!

2 comments:

  1. We are in the middle of putting in raised flower beds. It has been a lot of work. I can't wait to see your finished beds. I also also wanted to stop by and thank you for your sweet comment on my painted patio tiles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome! Thanks for stopping by! I am definitely going to use your patio post this summer. I'll let you know how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete