Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mirrored Tray: Shabby Chic Makeover

Shabby Chic Mirror Makeover


I think I have a new addiction... Facebook yard sales. Yep, bye bye craigslist, Facebook yard sale sites are SO much better. If you haven't discovered these yet, just do a quick search on facebook for "(your town) yard sale" I'm ashamed to admit I follow 4 yard sale groups in the Huntsville area. It's better than craigslist because you can actually see real people posting what you want to buy.

This week, I bought this mirrored tray off of one of the Huntsville area yard sales for $8.

2013-05-08 17.32.15

 

 

I took some left over chalk paint from my cabinet door chalkboard project and painted the frame (Destin Gulf by CeCe Caldwell) turquoise. Then I finished it by applying Amber wax and buffing it to bring out a light shine.

Mirror chalk paint


It took a few coats to cover up the gold and I still buffed off a little to let the gold peek through on some of the accents.

2013-05-09 17.52.20


Check out the details on the roses!


Shabby Chic Mirror MakeoverIt makes a perfect home for these little birds.


Thanks for stopping by! If you haven't entered the Kitchen Aid Giveaway, there is still time! It closes the end of May.


signature12






 



4 comments:

  1. I love what a transformation paint can make! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, this is so pretty! You are one of the features today at the Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. Pop on over and grab a feature button for your blog. Hope to see your prettiness again at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great find! I had no idea there were Facebook yard sales! I'm going to go checkout now.
    Thanks for the info!
    ~Chelsea

    ReplyDelete