Friday, May 24, 2013

Dining Room Tour

I have never really thought of any of my rooms as "complete" so I have yet to do a room tour. If there were one room in my house that I think is close, it would be our dining room. I love some of the architectural elements of our space and we have done quite a bit of work since buying the house.  There are still a few things that I would like to do but over all, this space has really taken shape.


2013-05-02 18.14.13


I don't really have a good before photo but we had builder beige carpets and a big brass light fixture. We have replaced both as well as painted.


The artwork on the wall is a tree with thumbprints from our wedding guests. You can read about the window treatments here.


2013-05-02 18.13.10


I love this excellent built in china cabinet, it makes for a great decorating space and holds my grandmother's china.


In the future, we plan to add board and batten to the walls from the chair-rail down and to purchase a new rug. This just may end up being our first "finished" room! (Well, until I change my mind ;) )



signature13

No comments:

Post a Comment