Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Simple Spring Table Setting

It finally feels like Spring in Alabama and I can't wait to share my spring table with you! I've been working on this one for a while but I just couldn't find motivation to finish it when it was still 30 degrees outside.

This table setting is just Eastery enough to pass for an Easter table but simple enough to keep out all through out the season.

Spring Table Setting

 

F0r the place settings, I used the casual china we received as wedding gifts for salad plates. (Lenox French Perle) and these beautiful light blue dinner plates that I found on sale at Homegoods. I swear I can't make it out of Homegoods without stopping by the dinnerware section. (I come by the plate obsession honest, definitely get it from my mom).


Spring Table Setting

You may remember those cute little birds from my Thrifty Finds post! They were $8 at a local antique mall.


 

Spring Table Setting

For the centerpiece, I stuffed some fake Spanish moss left over from my dinner party centerpiece in a glass vase that I already owned and filled it with some beautiful yellow flowers from Hobby Lobby ($2 per branch with coupon!)

 

Spring Table Setting

This runner is definitely my favorite part of this table setting. I simply took 2 yards of fabric that I fell in love with at Hobby Lobby and folded it to the width that I wanted and pressed it with spray starch. Yep! No sewing or even fusible webbing required. It looks great and you can't even tell that it isn't hemmed on the ends unless you get up close. Since we never eat at the dinner table (it's to pretty to mess up!) I wasn't too concerned about anyone looking too closely, plus, when I get tired of the table runner, I can use the fabric for something else!

 

Here are a few other Spring details I've incorporated this season:


Spring Decor

 China Cabinet:


Lenox French Perle Vase with silk hydrangeas. The chick figurines and birds nest and eggs are from the dollar aisle at Target!


Spring Decor

 Coffee Table:


I traded out rocks and candles for eggs and moss. I wish I could justify this all year round!


signature13

No comments:

Post a Comment