Monday, May 7, 2012

LA whirlwind

Wow! Time completely ran away from me over the past few weeks. I've had so much going on that I haven't had a free second to blog in a while. First, my husband's grandfather passed away. He had been sick for a while and it was expected, and almost a relief since his quality of life had deminished to little of nothing, but it was still a hard time for all.
Then, I hopped a plane to Los Angeles for work. I was there for three days and actually had a little free time to explore while I was there (this is rare of my work trips because normally I am in high schools during the day). The first day I was there, I took a TMZ tour. It was a blast! My tour guide was great, and come to find out she was from Alabama! What are the odds?!? The tour took us around Hollywood and Beverly Hills to see celebrity hot spots and a few homes. Unfortunately, we didn't see any celebrities while we were out but here are a few cool pictures I was able to take along the way!
The infamous Hollywood Sign

 Capitol Records
 The Rose Bowl - actually in Pasadena, I had to go check it out since I didn't get to make it to see my beloved alma mater win the national championship there in 2009.
 Rodeo Drive
 Chineese Theater
 Venice Beach
 Kodak Theater
 Venice Beach
LA at night

















After not seeing a celebrity on my tour, I was a little bummed. However, the next day at my college fair, look who I found!! Justin Chambers (Alex Karev from Grey's Anatomy) He's probably one of the six people I would recognize in Hollywood. Grey's is my absolute favorite show and I haven't missed an episode since the first season. He was at the college fair with his daughter (the oldest of his 5 children) He was very nice and even took a picture with a fellow college rep from a neighboring school for her birthday. (I cut her out here for her privacy)

It was a great trip! My next trip is to Denver, CO in a few weeks. Have any of you readers ever been to Denver? This will be my first time so I would appreciate any tips on great restaurants or must see's!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like great fun and how nice to run into a celeb who was down-to-earth.

    Marianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what fun! And to think it all started with work, lol. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love TMC. I love that you went on one of their tours. Great pictures...it makes me missing CA.

    ReplyDelete