Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thrifty Thursday - English Transferware

Happy Thursday! I wanted to share with you some of the of the little treasures that I picked up this weekend. I just had to take a break from boring statistics homework and make some time to hop around a few antique malls here in town. 

I have been wanting to start a collection of red English Transferware. I love the traditional blue but red is much more my style.  I found this set of two complete place settings for $25! What a STEAL! 
This pattern is 

ROMANTIC ENGLAND-RED by MEAKIN, J & G. 

According to Replacements.com, the dinner plates should retail for $22. I can't wait to stumble across a few more plates so that I can display these on my table.
Here is a close up of the dinner plates. 

And a close up of the salad plate. 


I also found these precious little birds for $8. I couldn't resist. I was going to buy Dave a bobble head bulldog untill I ran across these. Oops! ;) These are going to look so cute with my Easter decorations. 


Thanks for stopping by!

Don't forget to enter to win my Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge Giveaway!

1 comment:

  1. [...] may remember those cute little birds from my Thrifty Finds post! They were $8 at a local antique [...]

    ReplyDelete