Tuesday, February 26, 2013

New Rugs!


Ok, ok, these rugs aren't really "new" anymore, I just haven't gotten a chance to post about them. After we finished putting down our new laminate flooring, we decided we needed a few rugs. I always thought people were crazy to pull up their carpet to put down wood or laminate flooring just to cover it up again with carpet rugs, but I totally get it now. Rugs add texture and color and really make the room feel "put together."

The only problem is that rugs are EXPENSIVE! You could really break the bank putting rugs in your house. That is just not something we can fit in our budget right now. There are SOOO many other things I'd rather do around the house for the price of a good rug. Luckily, Ikea has very good prices on rugs. If you are one of those privileged people that live in the same city as an Ikea, I envy you. The closest one to me is in Atlanta. Yep, we drove 6 hours round trip to go to Ikea but this super cute gray rug for $20 that I had been eyeing for years was totally worth it. 

I also picked up this rug for my dining room and got all the way home only to realize it's too small. Word to the wise: Always measure your space before driving 6 hours to buy a rug. Guess what? I'm going to leave it there for a while anyway :), don't judge. 


While you probably think I'm crazy for going that far out of the way for rugs, we did at least make an adventure out of it! 
 This little gem is called the Food Truck Park (this would be such a cool job) The weather was a little cloudy and blah the day we went but they still had a few art vendors and a brass band playing while we ate. I had BBQ tacos from The Blackican and they were AMAZING.



If you're ever in Atlanta on a sunny afternoon, you definitely have to check out the Food Truck Park. (I've also been to a pretty awesome one in Austin, TX)

1 comment:

  1. So I thought I was winning farthest driving award for driving 3 hours to the closest Ikea - you win! We have that same gray rug - love it! We actually go to Atlanta a lot but I have never eaten at the Food Truck Park - we will totally have to do this!

    ReplyDelete