Thursday, October 18, 2012

Cream Cheese Pastry with Brown Sugar and Rum Banana Topping




I normally don't care for sweets, I am much more of a salty fan than a sweet fan, however when I saw the idea on Pintrest for a cream cheese pastry I knew I had to try it. I modified it a little and here is what I came up with. It will definitely be a keeper in our home.

Cream Cheese Pastry

1 roll crescent rolls
1/2 cup sugar
1 block cream cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp lemon juice
3tbs butter
Cinnamon/Sugar Mix

In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice until smooth. Roll 1/2 the crescent rolls out in a lightly greased pan. Top with cream cheese mixture. Top with second half of crescent rolls. Drizzle butter on top and sprinkle with cinnamon/sugar mix. (I use 1/3 cinnamon and 2/3 sugar) Be generous with the mixture. Bake at 350F for 15-20 mins. Serve warm

Brown Sugar and Rum Banana Topping

2-3 bananas (firm)
1/2 cup light brown sugar
2 tbs butter
1 - 2 tbsp dark rum

In a small sauce pan, heat brown sugar, butter, and rum until thoroughly mixed. Slice bananas into 1/2 inch bites. Saute bananas until sauce thickens. Top cream cheese pastry with bananas and drizzle with remaining sauce. (I do this on the individual servings, not the dish as a whole.)

Please let me know if you try it!

~Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment