Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving is here!

I'm super excited about Thanksgiving this year. I'm hosting for the first time ever. Thanks to Pintrest, I've come up with some pretty sweet menu ideas. My mom is bringing chicken and dressing and I am making the following:

Mac and Cheese from A Whisk and A Prayer

Roasted Potatoes seasoned with spices from DellCoveSpices on Etsy (she's a super sweet Etsian and friend, and her spices are out of this world!!) I made these potatoes for a football game viewing party using the Blackened Cajun rub and I swear every single person that ate them raved on how amazing they are.


And maybe these Betty Crocker Green Beans

I do still need a good dessert, anyone have any suggestions???

To end this post, I'll keep my tradition of posting the things I'm most thankful for this year

1. Christ
2. Family, old and new
3. My amazing husband of 3 months :)
4. Gainful employment
5. A BRAND NEW HOUSE!
6. A great set of in-laws packed with cousins, aunts and uncles (I've never had a big family)
7. The cutest puppy alive
8. Having the opportunity to grow my Etsy shop to be profitable (Thanks PromoFrenzy Friends!)
9. Pintrest recipes (seriously, I have taught myself to cook on pintrest)
10. Alabama Football being awesome again (had to throw that one in there ;) ) Roll Tide!

9 comments:

  1. Your menu sounds delicious! Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Mac and Cheese looks great!

    Have a great day. Let's all count our blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm what time did you say you were serving dinner? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your menu sounds absolutely delicious! For dessert my personal favorite is pecan pie. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwww! Thanks for the feature! And I love, love your list.

    Hmmmm...favorite dessert...I'm kind of loving the French Apple Tartlet these days. All Vietnamese Cinnamon and crunchy organic sugar, and Granny Smith apples for that sweet-tart bite. *stomach rumbling*

    Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. uniquecozytreasures - How about a pie. My blog has a video for making pie crust easily. Your menu sounds scrumptous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. having a list to be thankful for is a great reminder to each and everyone one of us that we are truly lucky...that mac and cheese looks very yummy!

    ReplyDelete