Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Trash to Treasure - Chair Rescue

Have you everhad one of those projects that you started regretting half way through? This little chair was one of those projects for me.



I found this chair on the side of the road in our neighborhood. It was thrown out with a few matching ones but this was the only one that could be salvaged. I made the hubby stop so I could rescue it (he HATES to stop for roadside treasures, luckily we had our friend Jennifer with me so he was outnumbered) It sat just like this for weeks until I had time to transform it into something fresh and beautiful.
2013-05-17 15.42.29I took it apart and painted it gray with some chalk paint and then waxed it with amber wax. All was going according to plan... and then I took the first layer of fabric off. YUCK! I can not believe this was sitting in my living room!! I almost lost my lunch, seriously, it was really bad. I thought about throwing in the towel, but instead I took the second layer of fabric off. No wonder the previous owner decided to recover it. I stripped it all the way down to the foam and started over.

2013-06-08 15.28.58

Boy was it worth it.

2013-06-08 16.14.22

PicMonkey Collage


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment