Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Master Bedroom Summer Make-Over

So I know you are all dying to know what I did to the house while hubby was gone for a week. Well... I didn't do anything dramatic, (except clean, which trust me, at that point, was pretty dramatic) but I did re-do our master bedroom for summer. After a trip to IKEA while I was in Atlanta for the weekend, I came home with a full bedroom worth of new textiles for summer to give our room a lighter feel.

When transitioning to summer in my home, I focus on making our spaces lighter and airy. We have pretty dark walls in most of our rooms so I try to use textiles and fabrics to brighten up my spaces.

Before: (Terrible photo, I know, this was one of those last minute "dang it, I forgot to take a before" photos.) This look is great for winter but I wanted to brighten things up for summer. You can't see in this photo, but we had tan black-out curtains.

2012-12-31 11.42.40


After:


2013-06-16 16.32.55


2013-06-16 16.41.11


I have loved this duvet cover for a long time, I'm so glad I could finally make it work in our room. I also changed out tan curtains for white. It is a lot brighter in the mornings but maybe that will help me drag myself out of bed!


I still need to change the lamp shades to white, but over all I'm super happy about our summer look!


What changes do you  make in your house for summer?


signature12

3 comments:

  1. It looks amazing! I will eventually get to finishing up my bedroom for a post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I am a firm believer in the idea that a few small changes can have a huge impact on your décor and your psyche! Your bedroom is a great example!

    ReplyDelete