Monday, December 3, 2012

JOY Wall Hanging

This was one of my favorite DIY Christmas projects this season. Mainly because it took all of about 5 minutes and cost about $6. Quick and cheap, can't beat that.
 
Since our Christmas tree is in the corner of our living room, it leaves a section of our wall between the windows feeling a little off balance. I knew I needed to hang something vertical here but wasn't sure what. I spent my whole lunch hour walking around Hobby Lobby looking for some inspiration and finally settled on these wooden letters to spell out the word 'Joy". The letters were about $2.50 each and they are about 8 inches tall.
 
I took some left over red spray paint from a project that was an epic fail and gave them a good coat.
 
DIY Christmas Wall Hanging
 
Then I took those nifty command picture hangers (the ones with out the hooks) and stuck them to the wall. These were great  because I didn't have to add three more nail holes to my wall.
DIY Christmas Wall Hanging
 
Ta da! This does a really great job tying the room together. For 5 mins and under $10, this is definitely my kind of project.
DIY Christmas Wall Hanging
 
Thanks for stopping by!
 
~Amanda
 

2 comments: