Monday, June 25, 2012

Very Berry Brownies - 4th of July


This may be the best semi-homemade concoction I have ever made! I made these for Fathers Day a few weeks ago and decided I HAD to share with all of you. I will be making it again for 4th of July since it looks so patriotic. They are so simple and got great reviews!

1 package of brownie mix
1 block cream cheese
1 can of sweet and condensed milk
1 cup confectioners sugar
Berries

First, I made brownies in a glass casserole pan. Yep, just follow the instructions and let them cool. (If you don't let them cool, your topping will melt.)

Next, mix together 1 block of cream cheese (I used fat free) and 1 can of sweet and condensed milk (I used fat free here too, have to help out where  I can!) Once it is blended well, gradually add in powdered sugar. I don't really measure, I just add to taste. If I had to estimate, I would say I probably
use about a cup, maybe a cup and a half. Mix until smooth.

Spread the topping over your brownies. Sprinkle berries over the top. (I used blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries)

Let sit in the refrigerator for about an hour. This will firm up the topping. It will still be a little runny but it's oh so good!!

Let me know if you try it!

3 comments:

  1. This recipe sounds so good. Did all the berries work well with it? Thanks for sharing good stuff!

    SHEILATF52 AT YAHOO DOT COM

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't even see your comment! So sorry! Yes all the berries worked really well. This weekend I made it again with a milk chocolate brownie and I would definitely recommend sticking to a fudge. Thanks for reading!

    ReplyDelete