Monday, February 13, 2012

Pintrest Project: Burlap Wall Art

It's been a while..I know. Life has gotten so crazy here lately. We have been super swamped and short handed at my day job lately so I haven't had time to be all crafty and bloggy lately.

Today I want to share with you a project for my bathroom redesign. I followed this tutorial by Love of Family and Home.

Step 1: Find an old outdated mirror or picture frame. I got mine from a local thrift store. It was a faded brass mirror. I could smack myself for not taking a before picture.

Step 2. Take it apart and paint it with good ole spray paint. My current favorite is Krylon in Matte White.

Step 3: Cut your fabric (I used burlap) to match the cardboard backing of your frame. Hot glue the edges into place and reattach the backing to the frame.

Step 4: Paint your letter to match the frame. You could also cover your letter with a pretty patterned fabric, but for my bathroom decor, I decided just to paint it white.

Step 5: Hot glue the letter to the fabric and let dry.

Here's my finished product!
I love love love how it turned out but I may find a new home for it. I feel like it gets lost against the wall color. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment