Tuesday, November 5, 2013

DIY Metallic Pumpkins

On a recent trip to the mall, my friend Jen and I were drooling over the festive fall decor in Pottery Barn. I love the look of the metallic pumpkins that adorn their perfectly set tables, but I don't love the price tag. As beautiful as the mercury glass pumpkins are, we knew we could come up with a solution that gave us the look we were going for without the hefty price tag. DSC_0185We bought foam filled pumpkins and squash from Hobby Lobby, the Dollar Tree, and Walmart  and a few cans of metallic spray paint (we used Krylon).


CSC_0167I accidentally chipped one, oops! Don't worry, you can't even tell now.


DSC_0169We spread them all out on a drop cloth and had a spray paint party. We ended up doing two coats on most of them; one all over coat, and one light touch up coat.


DSC_0180I couldn't be more excited about how these turned out. They may be my favorite Fall decor. They are definitely the least expensive!  This is a huge improvement over the fake orange color they were before. 


DSC_0181



Thanks for stopping by!


signature1





1 comment:

  1. These are so cute!!! :) I might have to do this soon!

    ReplyDelete